Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another year

Nothing better than the support of your friends.

I really can't believe that my friends pitched in to get me a lens for my camera. Thanks again Matt, Elaine, Dave, Winnie, and Ed. (Also Justin for the selection). This is an amazing lens, the 35mm. The F1.8 is SOOOO COOOOL! What an awesome gift! Yes, be jealous.

But along with that...
My mom's friend was going to throw this stuff out, and she convinced him to give it to me. Now I have two SLRs! Yes, feed the addiction!
What it includes:
The Canon AE-1 SLR. A classic sexy beast. A Canon 50mm FD F1.8 lens is attached.(note: this is all shot with the D40 with 35mm)
The AE-1 next to a Vivitar 28mm MC F2.8 lens.
A Vivitar 70-210mm MC F4.5 lens. Looks almost like a pipe bomb of sorts.
Flash!
And an old school cleaning kit.

I've already gone out and bought three rolls of film as well as a battery for the camera. Currently 4 shots have been taken. We'll see how this all turns out if I ever get them developed and scanned.

As for the 35mm lens gift for the D40, I've taken it for a little bit of a test fun(I meant to type 'test run' but 'test fun' does sound more fitting) and it's pretty awesome.
The lens at F1.8 really does an amazing job of focusing on the main subject in the picture and blurring out (softly) the other objects.
Obligatory Pho sauce picture. Taken by either Dave or Winnie. Sexy.
It looks good even in low light and with people.

Thanks to these gift givers, I will be more addicted to cameras. Thanks. (Take that last statement how you will.) No, but seriously, thanks guys!

Also for those of you who called and texted and left messages on facebook, thanks for the birthday wishes. This old man can barely remember you all anymore be does appreciate it.

1 comment: