Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight savings

I've realized that it takes a lot of dedication to maintain and update a blog, especially a photo blog. I've been rather busy lately and I've fallen asleep pretty much every night on my bed once I get home. I have taken some interesting pictures lately though so I figured it would be best to post my favorites.

The brat again.

One more

I went to the beach the other day on a whim and decided to take pictures of the sun setting. I was there from about 5:30 till about 6:45 freezing my ass off, but I got some nice shots in and also came to a realization that there is a dust speck on my sensor that I need to get clean. I asked about the curious case of why it appears in some cases and not in others on the Nikonian forums and it turns out that based on the aperture setting, sometimes it can't be seen. Most of my pictures are on a lower aperture setting and so, I wasn't able to see it. I usually set my aperture setting high for landscape shots and lo and behold, dust speck. But let me post a picture before I continue ranting.
Where is the speck you ask? Well, I used this ingenious little device called, The Internet, and asked its google oracles what can be done about this. The council converged and gave me a sign: Photoshop, clone tool. Thus I began my arduous journey to understand and master the technique that is the clone tool(That is a farce because I haven't mastered anything. I just clicked around to get rid of the dust speck).
I thought the sky looked good in this one. I've been studying at Barnes and Noble lately and I've been looking at this photo book when I have brain farts. One of the points it made was that if I was in a situation where I had to decide between vivid sky and shadowy stuff or not-so-great looking sky versus visible stuff, that the former might be better as it makes those certain things look more like monuments but also, they become focal points of the picture.
The setting sun. It's such an even looking picture with the wave hitting the sand at the right angle. Weird.
Last shot I could take before the sun fell behind the clouds.
I thought that this picture was really gorgeous. The colors are great and the water seems almost fake. It's weird also because the horizon seems to curve upwards at the edges, but all it really is, are the clouds. Kind of a fisheye feel.
Time continues.
The last bits of light at this setting.
Clouding the mind, with clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment